[gdal-dev] HDF4 python add band

Even Rouault even.rouault at mines-paris.org
Mon Apr 28 01:19:11 PDT 2014

Luca,

> Ok, so I could create a MEM dataset and fill it and at the end of my
> process CreateCopy() to a new HDF4Image. (I'm merging several HDF in
> one)

Hum, no. There's actually no specialized implementation of CreateCopy() in the
HDF4Image driver, so the generic CreateCopy() implementation will use the
HDF4Image Create() implementation (which accept a single data type) and then
copy all imagery blocks.

> > But actually looking at the driver, I think it should be possible to
> implement
> > AddBand() by a call to SDcreate(). At least in the case the dataset is a
> > "GDAL_HDF4" one (i.e. created by GDAL initially).
> >

> Ok, should I open a ticket for this?

Tickets with patches are even better ;-)

Even