[gdal-dev] Get hold of TIFF structure

Even Rouault even.rouault at spatialys.com
Tue Aug 26 00:49:26 PDT 2014

Selon Norman Goldstein <normvcr at telus.net>:

> Let's say I've opened a dataset (from a tiff file on disk).  How do I
> get hold of the TIFF structure that is used by the libtiff library?

GDALDataset::GetInternalHandle() on a GTiff dataset will return a TIFF* handle.
But be careful. If you use GDAL compiled with internal libtiff (libtiff 4.X),
you must also link your application against libtiff 4.X, or export the libtiff
symbols of the internal version of GDAL, otherwise chaos will happen.

http://www.gdal.org/classGDALDataset.html#a39396324384dc195866a374775fa74ef

Why do you want to access the TIFF handle ? Is there information you cannot
access through GDAL API ?