[gdal-dev] GDAL GeoPackage raster support

Pepijn Van Eeckhoudt pepijn at vaneeckhoudt.net
Wed Dec 17 04:03:13 PST 2014

On 17/12/14 11:18, Even Rouault wrote:
> In the update scenario like gdaladdo, an optimization that is used when
> creating the file from scratch (gdal_translate) isn't applied. You can try
> adding "--config OGR_SQLITE_SYNCHRONOUS OFF" on the gdaladdo command line. I
> suspect this must be the issue. I was a bit hesitant to apply it by default in
> update cases since it means that a interruption of the process (ctrl-c) could
> damage the database. But this is generally the case for other formats, so we
> probably could apply it too.
Not sure if this is feasible in GDAL, but what I did in my own code is
to use transactions to speed things up. All the tile inserts are batched
in transactions of 100 tiles or so.
I had a look at the driver code, but it wasn't immediately clear to me
if this is already happening or not. Doesn't look like it though.

Pepijn