[gdal-dev] Is there documetation about filters and some python utilities?

Jukka Rahkonen jukka.rahkonen at mmmtike.fi
Sun Feb 16 03:36:07 PST 2014

Hi,

I was thinking that a possibility to run images through filters with GDAL
could be nice sometimes. Especially for visual work with aerial and
satellite images filters like "sharpen" of "unsharp mask"
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unsharp_masking are often very useful. But then
I found that kernel filters can already be used inside VRT files. Are there
usage examples with before-after comparison images somewhere in our
documentation?

I also found that there are some python scripts included in
\gdal\bin\gdal\python\scripts at least in the gisinternals GDAL builds but
some scripts are not listed in http://gdal.org/gdal_utilities.html.  Is
there some other place where to find documentation about these scripts, for
example gdal_calc.py ? Some other than the sources, I mean.

-Jukka Rahkonen-