[gdal-dev] Compiling GDAL 1.10 with KML/KMZ support

Olivier BARTHELEMY barthelemy at geovariances.com
Mon Feb 17 02:30:24 PST 2014

I'm using the last SVN version of libkml with GDAL. See
https://code.google.com/p/libkml/source/checkout

> Dear list,
>
> I am trying to compile gdal 1.10 with the intention of adding KMZ support
> to Mapserver. I do not get the "Google libkml support" as yes. Is this the
> necessary to get the KML/KMZ driver support?
>
> If so, how can I compile GDAL to get support to KML/KMZ support? I am
> trying to compile libxml from trunk to then be included in GDAL compilation
> but I only get the 1.2 version of libxml, which is supposed to not be
> enought <http://www.gdal.org/ogr/drv_libkml.html>.
>
> Can anyone help me? Maybe I have not found the documentation for propperly
> configuring gdal with KMZ support.
>
> Cheers,
> Juan Manuel Moreno Rivera.
>
> Sección de Teledetección y SIG / Remote Sensing & GIS group
>
> Instituto de Desarrollo Regional / Institute for Regional Development
>
> Universidad de Castilla-La Mancha / University of Castilla-La Mancha
>
> Tlf: +34 967599200 (Ext: 2623)
> http://www.teledeteccionysig.es/

[image: Geovariances]

Olivier BARTHELEMY *Software development engineer*
Geovariances, 49bis avenue Franklin Roosevelt - 77215 AVON CEDEX - FRANCE
Keep posted about Geovariances   <http://link.geovariances.com/eml-geowidget>
    <http://link.geovariances.com/eml-linkedin-gv>
<http://link.geovariances.com/eml-linkedin>
    <http://link.geovariances.com/eml-twitter>