[gdal-dev] reprojecting coastcolour (/meris) using python via GCPs

Anton Korosov anton.korosov at nersc.no
Mon Feb 17 04:38:24 PST 2014

Hello Ivan,

ReprojectImage() has a parameter psOptions()
http://www.gdal.org/gdalwarper_8h.html#ad36462e8d5d34642df7f9ea1cfc2fec4
It should accept any of the warping options, e.g. '-tps'
http://www.gdal.org/gdalwarp.html

I'm not 100% sure (since I'm using Python) but it may work.

I'll take this chance also to promote Nansat, a scientist-friendly
Python tool for working with satellite and model data:
Repo: https://github.com/nansencenter/nansat
Wiki: https://github.com/nansencenter/nansat/wiki
and API-rference: http://nansencenter.github.io/nansat/

It is a wrapper around GDAL, which adds scientific meaning to the opened
images. Briefly: GDAL doesn't know much about e.g. band 22 in a MERIS
image, Nansat does. It provides full information and allows simple
usage, e.g.:
n = Nansat(meris_image)
n.reproject(dstDomain, tps=True)
n.export('outFile.nc')

It can open MERIS as well as tens of other formats.

Best regards!
Anton