[gdal-dev] ELOGeo Repository

Elogeo elogeo at nottingham.ac.uk
Thu Feb 27 06:31:31 PST 2014

Hello,

My name is Adam Rousell and I am a researcher at the University of Nottingham working on the ELOGeo repository project. The ELOGeo repository is an OSGeo recognised store for digital material about open geospatial data, software and standards and aims at collecting, preserving and distributing these resources to the geospatial community. Users have contributed a large number of resources ranging from FOSS4G conference presentations to OpenSource GIS software, with the repository currently having in excess of 170 items deposited. Users of the site come from all over the world, with over 10,000 visitors arriving at the site in the past 6 months.

As part of a JISC funded research project, the ELOGeo repository has seen some redevelopment over the past few months which has now gone live. As such, now is an great time to get more people involved with the repository as the redevelopments are focussing on making the repository more accessible and reaching out to a wider audience. Due to our links with OSGeo we are pushing for an increase in content for the various OSGeo projects and have set up an area on the repository for each of these projects. We are always looking for new materials so if you have anything that you think would be useful to add please make a contribution to your section (or any other section if you have relevant materials). The collection for your project can be found at http://elogeo.nottingham.ac.uk/xmlui/handle/url/277 and currently has 10 resources in it. The process is fairly painless, but any questions please feel free to contact us and we will do our best to help out. Also, it would be of great benefit to users trying to find resources relating to your project if you could share the link to your section either on your project website or through mailing lists.

We hope to see some new materials for your project soon, and again, any questions please contact us on elogeo at nottingham.ac.uk<mailto:elogeo at nottingham.ac.uk>.

Adam Rousell (on behalf of the ELOGeo project team)
http://www.jisc.ac.uk
http://osgeo.org
http://elogeo.nottingham.ac.uk

may still contain software viruses which could damage your computer system, you are advised to perform your own checks. Email communications with the University of Nottingham may be monitored as permitted by UK legislation.