[gdal-dev] Preferred XML parser

Even Rouault even.rouault at mines-paris.org
Fri Jan 10 01:22:45 PST 2014

Hi Pirmin,

We have a variety of XML parsers used :
- the built-in CPLMiniXML parser (port/cpl_minixml.h) that is a simple DOM
parser without any fancy feature (it doesn't have explicit support for encodings
for example. If you've need for recoding, you'll have to do it explicitely with
CPLRecode() API) but that works well and is used for parsing PAM .aux.xml, .vrt
etc
- Expat for SAX parsing in quite a lot of OGR drivers : GPX, GeoRSS, GML, XLSX,
ODS, SVG
- Xerces used in GML (GML can use Expat or Xerces), its derived driver NAS and
in the existing Interlis driver as you mentionned.

Even