[gdal-dev] How remove the piramids from TIFF non-georef

Andrea Peri aperi2007 at gmail.com
Wed Jan 15 03:01:14 PST 2014

Hi,

I have a lot of huge tiff not-gereferenced raster.
These tiff are all with 4 bands (RGBA) and 10 pyramids inside.

I need to remove the piramids and retrieve a new tiff version without the
piramids and with only 3 bands (RGB).

Usually this work is do using imagemagick or vips, but I like to try to use
the gdal-translate to do this.
But Im not sure , because the tiff are not georef and also I'm not sure if
gdal is capable to read a 4 pyramid tiff and generate a 3 not-piramid tiff.

Thx for every hints.

--
Andrea Peri