[gdal-dev] OGR functionality to remove holes?

Even Rouault even.rouault at mines-paris.org
Mon Jan 20 12:36:30 PST 2014

Le lundi 20 janvier 2014 21:27:18, agerrius a écrit :
> Hi all,
>
> Does OGR have any build in functionality to convert features with holes
> into features without holes? I don't mean delete the inner rings, but
> change the geometry so that it covers the same area with only the outer
> ring.

I'm afraid not to understand what you mean. What is the difference between
deleting inner rings and "changing the geometry so that it covers the same
area with only the outer ring" ?

There's no one-line invocation for such functionnality. But it can be done
with the OGR API and a few dozains lines of code.

> I know GlobalMapper has such a function, but it would be useful if I could
> perform it in my code directly with the OGR library.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Arno
>

> --

Geospatial professional services