[gdal-dev] Question about gdaladdo and raster mosaicking

Brian Case rush at winkey.org
Thu Jan 23 09:11:16 PST 2014

Ammar

you want to turn on internal masks in the shell, gdaladdo will not use
them otherwise. also you will need to turn this on if you use mapserver.
gdal will need to have this turned on for any further operations.

gdaladdo should use the correct image options without specifying them

export GDAL_TIFF_INTERNAL_MASK=YES

gdalbuildvrt -srcnodata 255 -vrtnodata 255 -addalpha \
             -input_file_list tiff_list.txt \
             mosaic02.vrt

gdal_translate -of GTiff -b 1 -b 2 -b 3 -mask 4 -a_srs EPSG:3011 \
               -co TILED=yes -co photometric=ycbcr \
               -co compress=jpeg -co jpeg_quality=80 \
               -co blockxsize=512 -co blockysize=512 \
               -mosaic02.vrt \
               -mosaic02.tif

gdaladdo mosaic02.tif -r average 2 4 8 16 32 64 128 256 512

and you should end up with a