[gdal-dev] [BULK] Re: Dissolve shapefile using GDAL/OGR

kalu671 kalu671 at gmail.com
Fri Jul 11 07:21:08 PDT 2014

Hello Dan,
I tried to use the syntax and I am getting the error:
"The filename, directory name, or volume label syntax is incorrect."

my syntax is as below:
inFile = "D:\Dir1\Polygons.shp"
outFile = "D:\Dir2\Dissolved_polygons.shp"

dissolve = 'C:\OSGeo4W64\apps\saga\saga_cmd shapes_polygons "Polygon
Dissolve" -POLYGONS = ' + inFile + ' -DISSOLVED = ' + outFile + ' -FIELD_1=
Value -DISSOLVE= 0'

subprocess.call(dissolve, shell=True)

Would you please suggest what did I do wrong?

Thanks