[gdal-dev] (no subject)

Even Rouault even.rouault at mines-paris.org
Tue Jul 22 02:43:44 PDT 2014

Hi PSC,

Mikhail Gusev, one of our 2 GSoC student this year is about to submit a pull
request for the initial part of his - good - work on Geography Network Model.
See https://github.com/MikhanGusev/gdal/compare/OSGeo:trunk...trunk

This add a new set of API to the code base. Looking at our management rules
http://trac.osgeo.org/gdal/wiki/rfc1_pmc ("When is Vote Required?: [...] Adding
substantial amounts of new code") and
http://trac.osgeo.org/gdal/wiki/rfc3_commiters ("larger changes will require a
RFC approved by the PSC"), it seems it would imply writing a RFC. We don't
generally do RFC for new drivers (that can add substantial amount of code), but
technically, this is not really a new driver either. Any opinion on how to
proceed on that matter ?

Best regards,

Even