[gdal-dev] creation of Geospatial PDF

Luca Delucchi lucadeluge at gmail.com
Fri Jul 25 06:45:10 PDT 2014

On 25 July 2014 15:23, Even Rouault <even.rouault at mines-paris.org> wrote:

>> Hi all,
>>
>> I would like to create a Geospatial PDF with several vectors, is it possible?
>
> That should be possible yes.
>

>> I tried with ogr2ogr but it failed,
>
> How ?

- first attempt

ogr2ogr -f PDF trentino.pdf zps_trento.shp grafo.shp
FAILURE: Couldn't fetch requested layer 'grafo.shp'!

- second attempt

ogr2ogr -f PDF trentino.pdf zps_trento.shp
ogr2ogr -f PDF -update trentino.pdf grafo.GeoJSON

- third attempt

ogr2ogr -f PDF trentino.pdf zps_trento.GeoJSON -lco OGR_DATASOURCE=grafo.GeoJSON

>  reading the documentation I found
>> EXTRA_RASTERS to add several raster but not EXTRA_VECTORS. There is
>> OGR_DATASOURCE but the documentation say that it is used "to display
>> on top of the raster layer", and it doesn't work with OGR.
>
> Which version of GDAL are you using ?

1.11

> - If trunk, the relevant doc is : http://gdal.org/frmt_pdf.html
> - If 1.11 or older, http://gdal.org/1.11/frmt_pdf.html and
> http://gdal.org/1.11/ogr/drv_pdf.html
>
> But in both cases, ogr2ogr -f PDF the.pdf input_datasource should work

yes if I use only one vector datasource yes,but I'm not able to put
more then one vector in only one PDF

Thanks

--
ciao