[gdal-dev] Question to ogr2ogr

Dr. Kai Behncke behncke at creativista-solutions.de
Tue Jun 3 02:14:05 PDT 2014

Dear Developers,

I would like to know if ogr2ogr has also implemented the transformation DHDN_To_ETRS_1989_8_NTv2-Transformation and if so, how it`s possible to use it?

The background: I have a shape in the German Gauss Krueger Zone 4 and I tried to transform it with "ogr2ogr -t_srs epsg:25832" to ETRS UTM 32N, but it lays always 2 meter next to the position where it belongs to (also then, when I first tried to reproject it fist to wgs 84 and then to utm32N).

then I tried it with ArcGIS and the DHDN_To_ETRS_1989_8_NTv2-Transformation and then it fits well....

Thank you very much, Kai