[gdal-dev] Make stdin in OGR/GDAL tools cross-platform?

Even Rouault even.rouault at mines-paris.org
Thu Mar 13 03:10:43 PDT 2014

Stefan,

/dev/stdin is indeed Unix specific, but /vsistdin/ is a special filename within
GDAL virtual file system handling. So I believe /vsistdin/ should also work on
Windows, but I'm not sure this has been very much tested. Just try !

Even

http://www.microsoft.com/resources/documentation/windows/xp/all/proddocs/en-us/redirection.mspx?mfr=true