[gdal-dev] GML box in .JP2 image

Even Rouault even.rouault at mines-paris.org
Sun Mar 16 12:08:59 PDT 2014

Le dimanche 16 mars 2014 19:23:18, Piero Campalani a écrit :
> Hi list,
>
> I am using GDAL 1.10 + JP2OpenJPEG driver to encode .JP2 files including a
> GML metadata box.
> http://www.gdal.org/frmt_jp2openjpeg.html
>
> I used it successfully to gdal_translate a JP2 from a GeoTIFF image, but
> then: what are the read/write options for the user with regards to the GML
> box?

As far as writing is concerned, the GMLJP2 creation option controls whether
the GML box should be written or not. It defaults to YES, as documented.

> Can gdalinfo extract the GML information and display it?

Yes, this is done automaticaly when trying to get the SRS and
geotransformation matrix.

With GDAL trunk (not 1.10), you can the GML fragment with the "-mdd all"
option of gdalinfo.

> When creating a JP2 image, can I specify my own GML fragment?

Yes, you must define the GMLJP2OVERRIDE configuration option to be the name of a
file that contains the GML fragment. This is admitedly an undocumented feature.

e.g :
gdal_translate my.tif my.jp2 -of JP2OpenJPEG --config GMLJP2OVERRIDE my.gml

--
Geospatial professional services