[gdal-dev] Error while importing shapefiles to Sql Server

Jukka Rahkonen jukka.rahkonen at mmmtike.fi
Tue Mar 18 05:56:06 PDT 2014

Giampaolo <giampaolo.rebuzzi <at> i-sti.net> writes:

> Hi, thank you for your answer.
> I already thought to create the tables with the first set of files and then
> removing -nln but, with the succeeding sets (I don't have only 2 sets, but
> 250), ogr2ogr would create new tables with the original file names.
> It would be nice to have a parameter similar to -nln that permits to specify
> the layer name to append data to.

There may be already. Parameter -nln stands for "new layer name" and it is
obviously originally made for initializing a layer that does not exist yet.
With MSSQL I would have a try with the "tables=" parameter.

 "MSSQL:server=.\MSSQLSERVER2008;database=geodb;tables=rivers;trusted_connection=yes"

-Jukka Rahkonen-