[gdal-dev] GML / NAS code redundancy

Even Rouault even.rouault at mines-paris.org
Tue Mar 18 10:04:43 PDT 2014

Selon Martin Landa <landa.martin at gmail.com>:

> Hi,

> > I haven't looket at the file but from the above, the logic of the
> application
> > schema registry would need to be extended since it currently only supports
> one
> > feature type per file. You would need to ingest the full file to recognize
> which
> > feature types are in it.
>
> there is probably some misunderstanding, at [1] there is mentioned
> Finish registry which contains different feature types
> (KiinteistorajanSijaintitiedot, PalstanTunnuspisteenSijaintitiedot,
> ...). It means that in the input file can be only one feature type not
> all of them?

Yes, as far as I remember there were only one feature type per file, hence this
(non-fundamental) restriction in the code. I looked at bit at your sample and I
think you could just use the current code without changing it (well perhaps
increase the szHeader size). Add in the GML registry your feature types and make
them point to the same .gfs file that define all the feature types ! The only
drawback is that you could have empty layers if not all feature types are found,
but that should work OK otherwise.