[gdal-dev] Enquiry

Jukka Rahkonen jukka.rahkonen at mmmtike.fi
Wed Mar 19 01:09:29 PDT 2014

Tan Hao Feng <htan <at> hsr.ch> writes:

> Dear Sir/Madam,

> I'm a student in HSR, Rapperswil and I am trying to clip a SQLite file
> I converted .osm.pbf file of liechtenstein to a .sqlite file, and then
tried to clip it with the following codes, (is it
> -clipsrc or -clipdstogr2ogr -f "SQLite"
> liechtenstein.sqlite
> liechtenstein-latest.osm.pbg -skipfailures -dsco SPATIALITE=yes -clipsrc
47.1386361 9.5231616 47.1404971
>  9.5266377 Also, I tried to clip the map of Singapore but was
unsuccessful, the following is the code
> ogr2ogr -f "SQLite" singapore.sqlite
malaysia-singapore-brunei-latest.osm.pbg -skipfailures -dsco -clipsrc
singapore.geojson
> Do I have to convert to .shp file?
> Do you have any suggestions?
> Thank you!
> Hao Feng.

Hi,

I suggest to check the names of your input files. Are you sure they are .pbg
and not .pbf?

Clipsrc takes coordinates in the source projection, clipdst in target
projection. Both mean the same if you do not use different -s_srs and -t_srs
parameters. Did you not find the information from manual page
http://gdal.org/ogr2ogr.html? Read also the manual page of SQLite/Spatialite
format. I bet that you will want to create Spatialite database and not a
"regular" FDO database.

Here is a fast running query that worked for me:

ogr2ogr -f SQLite -dsco spatialite=yes clip.sqlite finland-latest.pbf
-gt 20000 -progress --config OGR_SQLITE_SYNCHRONOUS OFF
--config OSM_COMPRESS_NODES YES -clipsrc 27 65 28 66

-Jukka Rahkonen-