[gdal-dev] "Syncing" two rasters together...

kempenep kempenep at gmail.com
Fri Mar 28 09:13:41 PDT 2014

Hi,

pktools is licensed under GPL v3. To my understanding, code from pktools can
therefore be used GDAL. I'm not sure what this means for the resulting code?
I'm sure we can work it out. All code is in C++, which should facilitate
this (templates are used though).

I am happy to contribute to GDAL if there is interest in selecting
functionality of pktools. In an attempt not to overlap too much with the
GDAL utilities, pktools focuses on remote sensing processing (e.g., image
compositing, support vector machine classification,...). The two utilities I
mentioned in my previous reply are a bit of an exception, as they overlap
with gdalinfo (->pkinfo) and {gdal_translate, gdal_merge.py, gdalwarp}
(->pkcrop). The main reason for duplicating is this "piping" functionality
in the example. The output of pkinfo can directly be used in other utilities
such as pkcrop. There is no need to parse the output from gdalinfo first.

Pieter.