[gdal-dev] compiling without writing permission - problem gdal-1.10.1

Antonio Valentino antonio.valentino at tiscali.it
Tue May 6 10:38:10 PDT 2014

Hi Margherita,

Il 06/05/2014 17:31, Margherita Di Leo ha scritto:
> Hi,
>

> On Tue, May 6, 2014 at 12:29 PM, Mike Toews <mwtoews at gmail.com> wrote:
>

>> Unfortunately this is a bug: http://trac.osgeo.org/gdal/ticket/4563
>

> Thank you for pointing me out.
>

>> There are a few workarounds, such as installing the Python bindings
>> manually with the appropriate --prefix:
>> $ cd swig/python
>> $ python setup.py install --prefix=/to/where/you/want/it
>>
>> or edit swig/python/GNUmakefile (line 71):
>>
>>     $(PYTHON) setup.py install --prefix=$(DESTDIR)$(prefix)
>>

> Thanks for the workaround, but this doesn't seem to work for me, I'm
> probably doing something wrong. It expects to
> find /lib64/python2.6/site-packages/ inside the folder that I specify in
> --prefix..

Yes, the site-packages must already exist and should also be in the
PYTHONPATH.

Plesae try to apply the attached patch to gdal/swig/python/GNUmakefile
and run the following commands from the gdal build directory

mkdir -p $PREFIX/lib64/python2.6/site-packages
env PYTHONPATH=$PREFIX/lib64/python2.6/site-packages:$PYTHONPATH make \
install

of course you should set PREFIX according to your setup.

ciao

--
Antonio Valentino