[gdal-dev] ogr2ogr coordinate system encoding

mccorb mccorb at cox.net
Tue May 6 15:56:03 PDT 2014

I have shape files that I am wanting to convert to a GML equivalent file. I
understand how to use the shape file .PRJ files and EPSG info to translate
coordinate systems and all that is working well.

However, once converted the coordinates are correct but there is nothing in
the file (that I can see) to tell if the coordinates in the GML file are in
lat/lon, utm, or some albers equal area projection etc.

Is there any way to coerce ogr2ogr to encode the coordinate system info into
the resultant GML file that matches the coordinates that are there?

thanks