[gdal-dev] Update of EPSG database to v8.4

Even Rouault even.rouault at mines-paris.org
Wed May 14 03:53:32 PDT 2014

Hi,

I've followed the update process of the EPSG SRS database to latest v8.4, and
just committed the updated files into libgeotiff, GDAL and PROJ trunk. Also
submitted to PostGIS.

From what I can see, among many changes and additions, 2 new projection
methods have been added:
* 1051,Lambert Conic Conformal (2SP Michigan)
--> looks very close to standard "Lambert Conic Conformal (2SP)", with the
addition of a new parameter K, the ellipsoid scaling factor.
* 1052,Colombia Urban

I don't think any of those 2 new methods are currently handled by PROJ, so the
new PCS based on those projection methods (3 Michigan SRS, and several dozains
of Colombia PCS) will not be handled by GDAL nor PROJ.

Regarding GDAL, I've improved the add_esri_column.py script (see
http://trac.osgeo.org/geotiff/changeset/2446), so that we have more ESRI DATUM
names. That should make morphing from/to ESRI .prj files a bit better.

Regarding PROJ.4 'espg' and PostGIS spatial_ref_sys.sql files, I've also added
the list of SRS that are GEOCCS (GeoCentric) and COMPD_CS (Compound Horizontal
+ Vertical).

Please let me know if you see issues.

libgeotiff:
http://trac.osgeo.org/geotiff/ticket/63