[gdal-dev] GDAL_DRIVER_PATH dll hell

Andre Joost andre+joost at nurfuerspam.de
Thu May 15 07:47:47 PDT 2014

Am 15.05.2014 12:07, schrieb Dmitriy Baryshnikov:

> I found out that another program used the gdal 1.8 was installed on that
> PC. And this program create env variable GDAL_DRIVER_PATH which pointed
> on some non standard driver linked with gdal 1.8

> I think some version checking needed or something else. Anyhow I think
> this is bug.
> That do you think about this?
> If this is a bug I'll create ticket.

The gdal packages from gisinternals.com sets this variable when you
start the SDKShell.bat to open a command window. The variable gets
destroyed when the cmd window is closed.
OSGEO4W does the same, setting the path to its own location.

You could do the same, either in your application or in a bat arround
it. For the first choice, you could restore the path variable when you
exit your application.

HTH,
André Joost