[gdal-dev] Update of EPSG database to v8.4

Peter Baumann p.baumann at jacobs-university.de
Thu May 15 14:43:16 PDT 2014

I've been talking to OGP folks, and they were not really interested - BTW, also
not in our time coordinate reference systems; Time CRSs are being addressed
within OGC, therefore: the OGC resolver serves space and (soon) time, and
spatial requests will be forwarded to the EPSG service.

On including planetary CRSs in the OGC service we are talking with several
people (inlc USGS, who likes the idea), but we decided to first get through with
time before pursuing planetary stuff further.

OGC's CRS resolver (which we have implemented in FOSS) definitely allows such a
scope extension.

cheers,
Peter

>>> http://trac.osgeo.org/geotiff/ticket/63