[gdal-dev] RuntimeError no COPY in progress

Ari Jolma ari.jolma at gmail.com
Thu Oct 2 11:50:33 PDT 2014

On 02.10.2014 20:45, Even Rouault wrote:
> Le jeudi 02 octobre 2014 18:26:37, Ari Jolma a écrit :
>> 2014-10-02 19:23:03 EEST ERROR:  COPY from stdin failed: COPY terminated
>> by new PQexec
>>

>> Too fast ? lol, no I don't think so. There must be something odd that happens,
>> wrong escaping, whatever that makes the COPY to fail. Could you provide some
>> way to reproduce this ?

That may be difficult. I inserted some fprintfs to ogrpgtablelayer.cpp
and the copy seems ok (and it is ok for the first 500). I even removed
the only non-geometry field and the situation does not change - the FID
does not seem to be an issue.

Then I ran the code until the table is created (this is naturally Perl
code). Exit, and ran it again now with Layer Open and let the rest run
as before with insert features. No problem. The problem seems to be when
inserting into a newly created table.

Strange.

Ari