[gdal-dev] How to merge 4 to 5 images per day using gdal-merge and cmd(.bat file)

user_name ljvillarin30 at gmail.com
Thu Oct 23 20:00:43 PDT 2014

There are 4 to 5 projected images in one day. Let's say I have all the
projected images for 3 days.

For day 1, the file name are:

T2010232034000.L2.Tera.tif
T2010232035000.L2.Tera.tif
T2010232036000.L2.Tera.tif
T2010232037000.L2.Tera.tif

For day 2, the file name are:

T2010233045000.L2.Tera.tif
T2010233046000.L2.Tera.tif
T2010233047000.L2.Tera.tif
T2010233048000.L2.Tera.tif
T2010233049000.L2.Tera.tif

For day 3, the file name are:

T2010234050000.L2.Tera.tif
T2010234051000.L2.Tera.tif
T2010234052000.L2.Tera.tif
T2010234053000.L2.Tera.tif
T2010234054000.L2.Tera.tif

How will I merge all the images that are for day 1, for day 2 and for day 3
and save each merged images to a new directory leaving only the
T/datayear/juliandate as the filename for each day. Merging files is easy
but doing it in batch and merging based on the images per day is making me
crazy.

Note: T2010232034000 = Terra/Data Year/Julian Date/HH/MM/SS

Code for merging files:

set in_path=path_to_in_file
set out_path=path_to_out_file

md %out_path%