[gdal-dev] S57 and area reconstruction

Antti Castrén antti.castren at iki.fi
Thu Sep 11 04:10:42 PDT 2014

Hello Frits,

It is possible to (re)merge the objects across cell boundaries if they
share common Feature Object IDentifier (FOID), which is a combination
of AGEN, FIND and FINS subfields. Some ECDISes can hide the boundary
depending on masking. Usage of FOIDs vary, so it might be possible for
your datasets - if you are lucky.

See Clause 3.1 of Edition 2.0 (November 2000) of the ENC Product
Specification (S-57 Appendix B.1) and ENC Encoding Bulletin Number 33.

Cheers,

  Antti