[gdal-dev] Interpolation when using the WMS format

Jukka Rahkonen jukka.rahkonen at mmmtike.fi
Fri Sep 19 08:13:57 PDT 2014

Jukka Rahkonen <jukka.rahkonen <at> mmmtike.fi> writes:

> Hi,
>
> You are naturally right about the tiles and it is good if you will work and
> make GDAL better. I reacted when you wrote "what I am really interested in
> is to use this from MapServer". I believe that your improvements will have
> no effect on what you said you are really interested in but if you have
> strong enough will to make the world of open source GIS better anyway we all
> appreciate you.

Oh sorry, I think I understand now. You are planning to chain tiled services
with Mapserver and put GDAL to read data for it. I thought that you were
planning to use *imagery* from Mapserver WMS as the definitive source but
you meant that you are going to use the *code* from Mapserver.

I believe that MapProxy is already doing what you plan to implement and it
could be worth having a look at it http://mapproxy.org/docs/1.6.0/.

-Jukka-