[gdal-dev] Merging GeoTiff files

Steve Cagle stevecagle59 at yahoo.com
Fri Apr 3 07:54:06 PDT 2015

I have several GeoTiff files from a (commercial vendor) to merge. I have used gdal, gdal_merge.py, the merge with QGIS and get the same results.  The output file is the proper size but only contains the last input .tiff file.  I have struggled with this for a while now, pretty sure it's something simple.  I'm a software engineer but have little GIS experience.

Using QGIS they load properly, so I believe the Geo Referencing of the input files is correct.

Thanks for any help.Steve