[gdal-dev] Making a thumbnail truecolor jpeg from a 4-band GeoTiff

NASAHARA Kenlo 24dakenlo at gmail.com
Sat Aug 15 02:15:33 PDT 2015

Hi, GDAL people,

I am trying to make a thumbnail from a GeoTIFF image
using gdaladdo and am confronting a problem.
My GeoTIFF file is ALOS AVNIR2 file (4 bands).

After browsing the mannual (http://www.gdal.org/gdaladdo.html),
I tried the following command:
$ gdaladdo -ro --config COMPRESS_OVERVIEW JPEG --config PHOTOMETRIC_OVERVIEW YCBCR --config INTERLEAVE_OVERVIEW PIXEL ALAV2A273212850-OORIRFU.RCRefG.GEO.tif 16

then I got the following errors:
ERROR 6: PHOTOMETRIC_OVERVIEW=YCBCR requires a source raster with only 3 bands (RGB)
Overview building failed.

All I want to do is create a small true-color jpeg image (RGB=321)
from the 4 band satellite image in GeoTIFF format. I appreciate
your suggestions.

--
Kenlo Nishida Nasahara
Faculty of Life and Environmental Sciences
24dakenlo at gmail.com