[gdal-dev] Regarding libkml driver

Sebastiaan Couwenberg sebastic at xs4all.nl
Thu Aug 20 04:46:52 PDT 2015

On 02-08-15 21:05, Even Rouault wrote:
> On 02-08-15 20:45, Rashad M wrote:
>> No API changes. it make building and configuring libkml easier!
>>
>> Correct me If I am wrong, I guess with a pkg-config would be easier to find
>> and configure libkml libs.
>
> Yes, that would probably be better. That said my experience with GDAL configure
> --with-libkml has been good up to now. But having a pkg-config script could
> simplify the current detection and configuration logic.

The current m4/ax_lib_libkml.m4 doesn't detect the new libkml because it
still expects the thirdparty boost headers.

We should probably keep this as a fallback for the old libkml, but
prefer pkgconfig if that's available as is the case for the new libkml.

As part of the ongoing GCC 5 transitions we've switched to the new
libkml in Debian, with the geos & gdal transitions soon to follow, and
gdal now builds without KML support because it doesn't detect the new
libkml properly.

I'm working on a patch to try and support both the old Automake based &
new CMake based libkml by adding support for libkml.pc.

Kind Regards,

Bas

--
 GPG Key ID: 4096R/6750F10AE88D4AF1