[gdal-dev] How to read ElasticSearch filters from file?

Jukka Rahkonen jukka.rahkonen at maanmittauslaitos.fi
Thu Aug 27 05:26:00 PDT 2015

Hi,

I was trying the new read capabilities of the ElasticSearch driver
http://www.gdal.org/drv_elasticsearch.html and I found it extraordinary hard
to use the json filters from the command line on Windows. It is hard also
with curl so I saved the filters on disk and read them as -d @file.json and
that worked well for me.

I tried if I could re-use those proved filters with ogrinfo and ogr2ogr by
using --optfile but with poor success.

Could it be possible to add a new --config option or perhaps -oo open option
"ES_QUERY" for reading the json query/filter from a file just like curl does
with -d @file.json? The same file should work unmodified for both software.
I think especially newlines which make the filters more readable and also
most  filter examples in the net are formatted with newlines. See the
examples at
https://www.elastic.co/guide/en/elasticsearch/guide/current/search-in-depth.html

-Jukka Rahkonen-