[gdal-dev] How to read ElasticSearch filters from file?

Jukka Rahkonen jukka.rahkonen at maanmittauslaitos.fi
Thu Aug 27 06:20:31 PDT 2015

Even Rouault <even.rouault <at> spatialys.com> writes:

> Hi Jukka,
>
> Ah, might be true. The Unix shell allows to paste things like:
>
> What about "ogrinfo ES: the_layer -where  <at> filter.json" ?
>
> Iniitally, I though this could be a hack specific to the ES driver. But
there's
> the same thing with the mongodb driver. So perhaps an extended behaviour of
> the -where options of ogrinfo / ogr2ogr that would do the file reading and
> transmit the expanded filter to the driver ? Could be usefull for -sql as
well
> I guess.

Hi,

I can't invent anything better than -where <at> filter.json and <at> is also
 used for the same purpose by curl and Oracle PL/SQL so we could call it as
a  de facto standard.

Which one should win if -spat and -where @... are both feeding a spatial
filter? Should it be "either-or", or "both" as a combined filter with AND in
between?

-Jukka Rahkonen-