[gdal-dev] CSV driver does not understand allCountries.txt

Jukka Rahkonen jukka.rahkonen at maanmittauslaitos.fi
Fri Aug 28 02:31:39 PDT 2015

Jukka Rahkonen <jukka.rahkonen <at> maanmittauslaitos.fi> writes:

> By closer look it is not exactly that way. However, I guess that the
> structure of data is changed.
> http://download.geonames.org/export/dump/readme.txt is listing fields
> "name", "asciiname", "alternatenames" but the data sample
that we have in
> autotest/ogr/data/allCountries.txt?rev=27748
> seems to have just one name field.

The schema in
trunk/gdal/ogr/ogrsf_frmts/csv/ogrcsvlayer.cpp?rev=27748
looks correct under
asGeonamesFieldDesc[] =

but what probably happens is that the code truncates "alternatenames"
when it meets comma that is separating the list entries. Here is an
example about what I have in "alternatenames"

"Pic de Font Blanca,Pic du Port"

-Jukka-