[gdal-dev] Insert data into MSSQL layer fails with OGR version 2.x

Martin Icking martin.icking at bentley.com
Fri Dec 4 01:02:22 PST 2015

Tried to copy data from a shapefile into an MSSQL layer with ogr2ogr using
the following command:

ogr2ogr -f MSSQLSpatial MSSQL:server=.;database=SpatialTest -overwrite
mydata.shp

this works fine with OGR version 1.11.x but using the newest version 2.0.1

nothing gets inserted and I get the following error message:

ERROR 1: INSERT command for new feature failed.
ERROR 1: Unable to write feature 0 from layer mydata.

ERROR 1: Terminating translation prematurely after failed
translation of layer mydata (use -skipfailures to skip errors)

Do I need additional options to successfully use MSSQL as a target in
version 2.0.1?
Tx
Martin