[gdal-dev] Ogr sqlite spatialite shared caching 2.0.1

a.furieri at lqt.it a.furieri at lqt.it
Thu Dec 10 10:45:03 PST 2015

On Thu, 10 Dec 2015 18:22:09 +0000, kelly elton wrote:
> I'm just trying to figure out how to turn on SQlite/Spatialite shared
> cache in the latest stable version 2.0.1
>
> Before I would just call SPLite3_enable_shared_cache but apparently
> that's been deprecated and doesn't exist anymore.(as well as
> SPLite4_enable_shared_cache)
>
> It also appears that SQLite3_enable_shared_cache doesn't work either.
>
> From the docs on Sqlite it says you can enable shared cache per
> connection via the connection string, but it doesn't look like
> there's
> any way to do that in Ogr right now.
>
> I'm just looking for suggestions on how to enable it.

Hi Kelly,

all link symbols starting with "SPLite3_" simply were a tricky
workaround adopted by the infamous (and now officially deprecated)
spatialite-amalgamation.

the real names for all those symbols are the ones defined by
libsqlite3 and usually starting with "sqlite3_".
here you can check the full list of all API supported by SQLite:

https://www.sqlite.org/c3ref/funclist.html

bye Sandro