[gdal-dev] Wrong number or type of arguments for overloaded function 'CoordinateTransformation_TransformPoint'

DeTracey, Brendan Brendan.DeTracey at dfo-mpo.gc.ca
Tue Feb 10 07:27:54 PST 2015

Hi,

I am using the GDAL python bindings via Windows 64 bit Anaconda, but I am getting an error when I try to run one of the GDAL sample scripts, tolatlong.py e.g.

E:\parse_cis>python tolatlong.py 0 0 temp.tif
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "tolatlong.py", line 106, in <module>
    (int, lat, height) = ct.TransformPoint(X, Y)
  File "C:\Users\DeTraceyB\AppData\Local\Continuum\Anaconda\lib\site-packages\osgeo\osr.py", line 757, in TransformPoint
    return _osr.CoordinateTransformation_TransformPoint(self, *args)
NotImplementedError: Wrong number or type of arguments for overloaded function 'CoordinateTransformation_TransformPoint'.
  Possible C/C++ prototypes are:
    OSRCoordinateTransformationShadow::TransformPoint(double [3])
    OSRCoordinateTransformationShadow::TransformPoint(double [3],double,double,double)

When I google this error I find it might be related to GDAL not finding Proj (https://github.com/avalentino/gsdview/issues/89). Could someone please verify that this would be the source of this error? I have installed Proj under Anaconda and am trying to rule out whether it is a problem with Anaconda or GDAL.

Thanks,
Brendan