[gdal-dev] Wrong number or type of arguments for overloaded function 'CoordinateTransformation_TransformPoint'

DeTracey, Brendan Brendan.DeTracey at dfo-mpo.gc.ca
Wed Feb 11 05:01:30 PST 2015

I found the problem, and wanted to my idiot mistake archived for posterity.  The CoordinateTransformation_TransformPoint error is thrown when a raster has no projection. I was working with a raster that I had created myself from vectors. I finally tried another sample raster and it worked. I am new to this, so my advice to other newbs is that if your product is not working try another known sample before posting questions. And always always always run ogrinfo/gdalinfo on your product to make sure nothing is missing. Once I ran gdalinfo on my geotiff and saw that:
  Coordinate System is `'
I knew I had made a newbie mistake. Exported my source SRS as WKT and set as my raster projection. Problem solved.