[gdal-dev] How to make GDAL to use large VTR faster

Jukka Rahkonen jukka.rahkonen at maanmittauslaitos.fi
Fri Feb 13 01:22:22 PST 2015

There is some interesting discussion about an issue with a VRT file that
combines very many small images within the comments of this ticket
http://trac.osgeo.org/gdal/ticket/5828

For my mind mailing lists suit usually better for discussions than
Trac/Jira/Github bug trackers and at least by now search engines find hits
more easily from the lists. I hope that this mail can help someone in the
future to find a suggestion to increase GDAL_MAX_DATASET_POOL_SIZE for
improving the performance with a big slow VRT.

-Jukka Rahkonen-