[gdal-dev] Unusual(?) Callstack for GDAL Rasterdata Plugin

David Weiß David.Weiss at ptvgroup.com
Tue Feb 17 06:10:40 PST 2015

Hi,

> QGIS automatically wraps up GDAL datasets that are not north-up oriented
> (i.e.
> if geotransform[2] != 0 or geotransform[4] != 0 or geotransform[5] > 0) as a
> warped VRT (with GDALAutoCreateWarpedVRT()) so as to have a north-up
> oriented dataset to handle, which is the likely reason for the stack trace you
> get.

I just figured that out after reading the gdalprovider source from QGIS:

https://github.com/qgis/QGIS/blob/master/src/providers/gdal/qgsgdalprovider.cpp#L2472

My mistake was that I understood the transformation matrix to default to
0 1 0
0 0 1
When it actually is
0 1 0
0 0 -1

I overlooked the -1 in the GeoTranform docs :D

Thanks for your fast response!

David