[gdal-dev] Use Python to open every raster or vector GDAL supported datasource under a directory

Adrien ANDRÉ adrien.andre at onf.fr
Thu Feb 19 11:42:37 PST 2015

Dear list,

i don't really know where to ask this, please forgive me if it's off topic.

Using the GDAL API, preferably the Python one, i'd like to find and open
every raster or vector GDAL supported datasource under a directory.

Is there any existing easy way to achieve this?

My goal is to perform test on datasources, topology correctness, CRS
presence, metadata consistency etc.

I began with trying gdal.Open and ogr.Open on every file returned by os.walk
but i'm surprised opening a .shx file returns no error, for example...

I'd be happy with any link or piece of advice.

Thank you in advance,

Adrien