[gdal-dev] invalid byte sequence for encoding "UTF8": 0xc309

Even Rouault even.rouault at spatialys.com
Mon Feb 23 03:58:11 PST 2015

Le lundi 23 février 2015 11:36:33, Martin Landa a écrit :
> Hi Even,

> > Fixed by http://trac.osgeo.org/gdal/changeset/28539
> >
> > I'm not sure if people relied on the implicit truncation done by the COPY
> > code path, but for now it is better do disable it as it was wrong for
> > UTF-8 characters.
>
> thanks, I can confirm that solves this problem. Are you planning to
> backport to 1.11 branch?

The direct backport wasn't possible since the code had been refactored and
people could likely depend on truncation for non-UTF8 content.

So I have finally fixed the truncation to work. There was embryonic code, but
wrong/subobtimal, in the PGDump driver.

Should now be completely fixed in 1.11 and trunk per
http://trac.osgeo.org/gdal/ticket/5854