[gdal-dev] Motion: Appoint Even Rouault PMC Chair

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Mon Jan 5 12:45:13 PST 2015

Folks,

Motion: Appoint Even Roualt as GDAL Project Management Committee Chair

+1 Frank

---

For at least a couple years, if not longer, Even has been the leading
contributor to the GDAL project.  As we start a fresh year in the middle of
the 2010s I think it is time for us to formally acknowledge Even as the
project leader.

The PMC chair doesn't really have many responsibilities, beyond ensuring
that the PMC operates in an orderly fashion and acting as liason to the
OSGeo board when needed.  But it is also a recognition of Even's great
work, technically and increasingly in other outward facing efforts such as
his upcoming presentation on GDAL at FOSS4G NA in March.

I am very pleased to have "my" project pass into his capable hands, and I
trust his instincts on technical and collaborative matters.

I will continue on as a member of the PMC and commiters list of course.

Best regards,
Frank
warmerdam at pobox.com