[gdal-dev] OGR: How to access Coded Value Domains in File Geodatabases?

Even Rouault even.rouault at spatialys.com
Wed Jan 7 07:39:35 PST 2015

Le mercredi 07 janvier 2015 16:20:46, Stefan Keller a écrit :
> Hi Mike
>
> Thanks! That ticket is very insightful.
>
> I'm not sure though if there is already an agreement there about the
> best solution inside OGR code.
>
> In the meantime: Am I correct that there's an immediate solution by
> defining an query against table DipCategories of a FileGDB file with
> ogr2ogr (-sgl "select ")?

Hum I don't think so. The suggestion in the ticket was to enhance the drivers
to expose the XML as a OGR layer and do a join. Or to do optional expansion of
the code into their descriptions. Another less ad-hac approach would be to
extent the recently added subtyping field mechanism to model such enumerated
fields and then have an option in ogr2ogr to do the expansion.
Anyway interesting small enhancement to potentially sponsor.

Even