[gdal-dev] RE : Re: Call for discusson on RFC 31 - OGR 64bit Integer Fields and FIDs

Even Rouault even.rouault at spatialys.com
Sat Jan 24 05:41:50 PST 2015

Dmitriy,

The main reason for the new symbol is that if we change the return type it might cause crashing problems that are not detected at compile time if GetFID is used in a printf like function. For example

printf("%ld %s", GetFID (), str)

Even

---

  Fields and FIDs </div><div>

The RFC looks good. One note. May be in GDAL 2 we can use GetFID instead
GetFID64? Because we can allow some incompatibility between GDAL 1.x and
GDAL 2.x.

Best regards,
     Dmitry