[gdal-dev] Python installation can't find gdal_array.py

Jorge Arévalo jorge at cartodb.com
Wed Jan 28 09:34:44 PST 2015

Hello,

I've compiled GDAL from trunk, specifying --with-python at configure
time. I first checked numpy is correctly installed. The problem is I
couldn't import gdal_array.py by default (got ImportError: no module
named _gdal_array).

Tried

python gdal_sources/swig/python/setup.py install

Didn't work.

I finally had to define

export PYTHONPATH=$PYTHONPATH:$/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/osgeo

to make it work. And I don't think that's the default solution, right?
Am I doing something wrong?

Environment: Ubuntu 14.10, GDAL from trunk, Python 2.7.8

Many thanks in advance,

Best regards

--
Jorge Arévalo