[gdal-dev] Determining GDAL WMS download limit?

Andre Vautour andre.vautour at caris.com
Tue Jul 7 07:22:31 PDT 2015

Looks like that server only has 7 levels for that satellite layer:
http://mt.google.com/vt/lyrs=s&x=0&y=0&z=7
http://mt.google.com/vt/lyrs=s&x=0&y=0&z=8

The terrain and map layers have 22 levels:
http://mt.google.com/vt/lyrs=t&x=0&y=0&z=22
http://mt.google.com/vt/lyrs=t&x=0&y=0&z=23
http://mt.google.com/vt/lyrs=m&x=0&y=0&z=22
http://mt.google.com/vt/lyrs=m&x=0&y=0&z=23

So, you'd have to change the TileLevel element:
<TileLevel>7</TileLevel>

That smaller size probably ended up querying tile levels < 8 which is
why it worked.
André