[gdal-dev] gdal_rasterize in multiple processes

Nicolas Cadieux nicolas.cadieux at archeotec.ca
Thu Jul 16 07:48:06 PDT 2015

Hi,

Are you launching multiple at the same time or are you looping and treating one file at a time?  If so, your computer is just waiting to the last file to finish before it starts the next.  When the file are smaller, they appear to be running at the same time but when the files get bigger, the computer needs to wait.  The hard drive speed or memory band width are typical bottle necks that can slow down a very fast machine to a trickle if they get saturated.

Nicolas Cadieux M.Sc.
Les Entreprises Archéotec inc.
8548, rue Saint-Denis Montréal H2P 2H2
Téléphone: 514.381.5112  Fax: 514.381.4995
www.archeotec.ca